What is YTL Arena Bristol?
YTL Arena Bristol is a 365-day entertainment complex, with interlinking facilities for live music, sport, exhibitions, conventions, TV and film, and much more.
We are transforming the iconic Brabazon Hangars, birthplace of Concorde, into the South West’s number one live entertainment destination. To read more about our plans, click here.
We’re looking for a Management Account to join our team.
Purpose of the role
To provide high quality financial information and advice to the YTL Arena Managing Director and team to enable the business to be managed in an efficient and effective way. You will set up the finance policies and procedures to take the project from delivery through to becoming an operational arena.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the delivery and operation of the one of the UK’s top arenas, and one of the most high-profile projects in the South West.
You will report directly to the YTL Arena Managing Director and on a day to day basis will work closely with the YTL Developments Finance Director.
You will provide financial services to the operational and capital projects for the development of the YTL Arena including:
- collaborate in deciding the strategic direction of the business in achieving corporate targets
- development of financial reporting processes for the new business within an existing Group structure
- construction and consolidation of annual financial budgets and quarterly financial forecasts both for operational costs and capital projects
- monitor daily bank movements
- management and processing of invoices and associated payments
- preparation and input of journals, prepayments and accruals
- monitor and report on the financial performance of the business to inform the senior team decision making, including monthly management accounts
- prepare statutory accounts and liaise with external auditors
- assist in identifying areas of potential savings/development.
Ideally you should be a chartered member of a relevant professional body (ACCA/CIMA) with one to two years’ post-qualification experience.
You will have experience of stakeholder management and be able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally. You will be competent and confident when presenting information, in particular when presenting to senior non-finance stakeholders, clearly communicating the story of the numbers.
You will be highly motivated to achieve results and tight deadlines, energetic and engaging with a positive ‘can do’ attitude. You will be flexible and willing to work in a small team in a fast-moving environment. A confident problem solver, you will seek innovative solutions when required.
You will have a strong working knowledge of all MS Office applications.
£35,000 - £42,000 per annum dependent on experience.
What's in it for me?
As well as the opportunity to work on the most exciting new entertainment destination in the South West, the successful candidate will;
- Join a competitive defined contribution pension scheme
- Enjoy 24 days holiday per year, rising to 28 with length of service
- Benefit from flexible, mixed office/home working
- Qualify for:
- Life cover
- Tax-free childcare under a government scheme
- CycletoWork scheme
- Paid volunteering leave
- Discounts and cashback scheme from more than 1,200 high street and online suppliers
To apply, click here.